Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yolanda Hernandez > www.FiveStarTours.com



Yolanda Hernandez, Founder, Five Star Tours & Charter Company

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
Not timid to make the leap to start chase your dreams; forward looking, optimistic and confidence in yourself.


What did inspire you to start your business?
After my husband lost his job, I realized that was the best thing that happened because we were prepared to start our own business.


How did you finance it?
Savings and a second mortgage. I worked for the San Diego City Schools for 32 years and I saved all my salary and also took out a second loan on our house.


Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Of course! Being Hispanic woman has influenced our drive to succeed. As the only woman owner of a bus business in San Diego, my resolve is stronger.


In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
We must continue to be very positive and not be swayed by adversity.


What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
When my husband died in 2002. I felt like my world collapsed. I had to be very strong to continue, because the future of my children was in my hands. Thank God, they each studies business administration, graduated from universities and now they are in charge of the business. And they are doing quite well.


If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
Changing old buses with new ones.


What was your childhood ambition?
To become a doctor. However, my parents did not think this was a proper career choice for a woman and would not permit me go to college.


Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
* Carlos Slim Helu is the wealthiest man in Mexico. He works with his sons.
* Walt Disney, the founder of the Disney Company. In the early day’s first films, Mickey Mouse’s voice was dubbed in Walt’s own falsetto voice.
* Sam Walton, founder of Wall Mart began working as a cashier in his first supermarket.
* Ray Kroc, founder of McDonald's.


For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
I prefer lunch, because after 32 years of getting up at 5:30 am, I now rise at 9:00 a.m.


What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Sleep. I always had the support of my husband and never sacrificed family. They have always been my number one.


Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
We are very proud to serve the community of San Diego and Mexico and provide an excellent service to the community. We first give thanks to God our Lord and second to the United States as the land of opportunity.


About the Company:
Five Star Tours & Charter Bus Company is a respected leader in the transportation industry. San Diego's tour bus leader since 1972, Five Star Tours provides the safest most dependable charter bus service in San Diego and Southern California. For more information please visit http://www.fivestartours.com/, or for media inquiries contact Richie Matthews at Richie@dialogo.us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is great! Hope to be profiled soon! Keep up the great work!

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month