Friday, July 13, 2012

Patricia Gracia > www.PowerMediaGroup.com

Patricia Gracia, Founder & President, Power Media Group

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
I believe that an entrepreneur must want to help other people. I realized early on this is a key point. I knew I had the sales perspective and drive; but I always wanted to be someone that can guide other people to succeed.

What inspired you to start your business?
Working here in the U.S. was an inspiration to me, I knew this country to be “the country of opportunities.” Since I was a child, I always had the desire and fire inside of me to own my own business. I also have always loved the media and the power it has within the population.

How did you finance it?
I started my business with nothing but a computer, a fax machine and a cell phone. I used those 3 items plus my enthusiasm and experience and began knocking on doors looking for clients. I knew that it was my time and I had to do it. My fiance, now my husband, Tony Gracia, offered to support me financially while I got the business up and running, it took only a few months. Three years later, the business had became so successful that he decided to come and work with me.

Being Hispanic… Does it have any influence on your business?
Absolutely! It is definitely and advantage. In 2001 after I graduated from UCLA, I realized the power of the Latino market in the U.S. and knew it would have amazing growth in the future. Since then the Latino population continues to grow by leaps and bounds. Our culture is very unique. When companies want to put something together for the Latino market, I know exactly how to put that message together and present it.
Why Should You Advertise in The Hispanic Market?
“It is clear that the Hispanic market is a force in terms of population and increasing Buying Power (1 Trillion Dollars) . Now advertisements require a unique feel, appealing to Hispanic values and preferences.”
US is the 5th largest Spanish-speaking country in the world.
The 2010 Census counted 50.5 million Hispanics in the United States, making up 16.3% of the total population.
The nation's Latino population, which was 35.3 million in 2000, grew 43% over the decade.
The Hispanic population also accounted for most of the nation's growth—56%—from 2000 to 2010.
Hispanics spend more than half of each day engaged with television, the Internet and technology.
The states with the largest percent growth in their Hispanic populations more than doubled: Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee and South Carolina. The Hispanic population also more than doubled in Maryland and South Dakota.
By 2020 the Hispanic population is expected to reach 70million and by 2050 one four Americans will be Hispanic
Most Hispanics live in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, New Mexico, New Jersey, New York and Texas.
79% of Hispanics speak Spanish in the home, and 70% watch TV, listen to radio, read Spanish language newspapers and other media outdoors
Hispanics share strong commitment to family, religion and heritage
(Source: Us Census, Selig Center, Yahoo! and Experian Simmons)

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
I try to remind myself every day that the circumstances of your life are seen the way you take them. If you begin to feel opposition or segregated, then that is what you will find all around you. I try not to see those negative things in my life and just keep pushing forward. At the end of the day, we are all human beings.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
Challenges are a daily part of running a business, but the hardest thing for me has been having employees that are not focused on their jobs or willing to put in 100% effort. Our businesses are what they are because of our employees, so I want them to be focused and energetic and give their all.

If you could change one thing about your business what would it be?
To work less hours so I can spend more time with my children, Vanessa Gracia (9 years old) and Michael-Anthony Gracia (5 years old). They are my motto, my inspiration and my navigation system.

What advice would you give to new entrepreneurs?
The best advice I could give to someone is to just make the decision to start your business, and do it. So many people in the world have great ideas, but they live the rest of their lives with just that, an idea and never make it reality. I would encourage people not to be afraid of investing their time; look at it as gaining experience instead. Take the “what if” out of your vocabulary. The “What if” won’t take your dreams to the right direction.

About Power Media Group
Power Media Group’s main objective is to satisfy client needs. We promise to exceed client expectations by identifying and implementing the most appropriate creative methods.
Power Media Group works to create, position, maintain and add value to each client’s brands. Power Media Group's strategic planning practices are backed by the experiences of those in the agency. This is a true partnership - where practical experience supports each client and project.
Power Media Group believes that advertisers exist only to sell a particular product or service; Power Media Group employs the best tools and marketing strategies to obtain optimum results.
For more info: www.PowerMediaGroup.com

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month